We are analysing your feedback
Visit this page again soon to download the outcome to this public feedback.
An interactive online consultation to support the development of the new defence and security accelerator.
This consultation was held on another website.
This consultation ran from
The National Security Strategy and Strategic Defence and Security Review 2015 stated that the Ministry of Defence (MOD) will launch an innovation initiative, together with other departments. As part of this initiative, a new defence and security accelerator is to be established.
The defence and security accelerator is an innovation hub that will accelerate ideas from conception through to application, against challenges that seek to maintain military advantage and protect the UK.
It will help government defence and security departments collaborate with the private sector, academia and important allies to rapidly develop innovative solutions to our most pressing national security challenges.
We’re seeking your views to help develop the accelerator. We plan for the accelerator to:
- develop and connect a broad network of research institutions, innovation centres and industry
- communicate with this network to inform and inspire
- match customers with potential innovation providers
- run challenges and place contracts to find effective innovations
- incubate and experiment with ideas
- demonstrate and develop new technologies and other innovations
- support the end-to-end development of innovations
- develop entrepreneurial and business skills in government
Ways to respond
We’re looking for views on the above from innovative companies, industry, academia and government.
Find out how to take part in this consultation.
We’re looking for participants to be invited to join an online community to comment on the challenges and join the discussion, complete surveys and take part in interviews.
Published: 29 July 2016
Updated: 11 August 2016
- We've updated how you can take part in this consultation.
- First published.