Foresight project investigating the future of skills and lifelong learning in a digital age
The Government Office for Science is undertaking a project to explore what changes in technology and work could mean for education and training across someone’s lifetime. The project will also consider the role that science and technology can play in understanding this and providing solutions.
The project will provide policy-makers with evidence on lifelong learning in a digital age. It will begin to develop an evidence base in the following areas:
- the level and mix of skills of the UK and what is likely to be needed over the next 10 to 20 years
- the types of digital skills which are needed now and are likely to be needed over the next 10 to 20 years
- the critical factors that influence learning across a lifetime
- the value of informal learning
- implications for different models of responsibility, and how accountability and innovation can be maintained
These areas are likely to develop over the course of the project.