Under the Health and Care Act 2022, 42 Integrated Care Boards (ICBs) were established on 1 July 2022. These boards replaced Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs).
The December 2022 publication (covering data as at 1 October 2022) of this statistic will therefore present information at ICB and sub ICB level instead of Strategic Information Partnerships and Clinical Commissioning Group.
In addition, after seeking feedback from users on proposed changes to this publication, we will be making the below changes with effect from the December 2022 publication:
1. Due to very small changes seen between six-monthly publications the frequency will be reduced to an annual publication, presenting data as at 1 October each year.
2. To avoid duplication, combined tables presenting the total numbers of armed forces and civilians (presented as ‘all persons’) will be removed. Armed forces and civilian numbers will still be presented separately.
3. Single service splits will be removed from all tables. Armed forces totals will remain.
4. Tables will be made clearer by removing the +/- columns that indicate where top level numbers have changed by more than 5% since the last publication.
5. All tables with breakdowns at Local Area Authority level (England and Wales) and District Council level (Northern Ireland) will be removed.
6. Annex F - tables by Defence Primary Healthcare Region will be removed.