The Department for International Trade (DIT) can help UK companies sell products and services to the overseas construction sector.
The global construction market is forecast to grow over 70% by 2025 offering huge opportunities for UK companies in this sector.
Government and industry are working in partnership to create more opportunities for companies through the industrial strategy outlined in ‘Construction 2025: Strategy’.
The UK is a pioneer in construction innovation and sustainable design. UK engineering consultancies, architects, product manufacturers and professional services practices work closely with public and private partners around the world.
Over £6 billion of construction products and materials are exported from the UK annually and almost £3 billion of construction services.
UK companies are active in some of the world’s largest and most prestigious construction projects and in almost every market around the globe. The supply chain for these projects offers opportunities for companies selling products and services across many sectors.
How DIT can help
We help UK companies:
- exhibit at major international trade fairs
- by organising workshops, seminars and webinars
- take part in our trade missions
- pursue large contracts through our High Value Opportunities (HVOs) programme
- overcome challenges of doing business in overseas markets
- meet important decision-makers, potential partners and buyers
We do this by:
- working with the main industry bodies and stakeholders
- promoting the UK’s construction sector overseas
- helping to develop the UK’s supply chain by working with the sector across the UK
- making it easier for companies to access overseas markets
- bringing major overseas opportunities to the attention of UK companies
If you are interested in exporting your goods contact a DIT trade adviser for a free consultation.
We’d like to hear from companies in the construction sector who want to grow their business overseas. Contact our construction team.
Find out about other DIT services for exporters.
Register your interest to attend seminars, trade shows and international missions where you can:
- network with potential overseas customers
- demonstrate technologies and products to an international audience
- meet face to face with DIT advisers
The Department for International Trade (DIT) provides free international export sales leads from its worldwide network. Search for construction export opportunities.
DIT’s HVO Programme has identified a number of major projects in the construction sector which potentially offer UK companies access to over £100 billion of business.
Contact our construction team for up-to-date information on current HVO projects.
There are also mass transport, energy, global sports projects and creative services HVOs which have a major construction components:
You may need some form of credit guarantee or insurance to protect you against non-payment or other financial issues in certain markets. UK Export Finance (UKEF) can provide extra capital to finance large projects and help grow business.
Consult with a UKEF export finance adviser to find out about trade finance and insurance support.
Watch UKEF’s video where Heather Wells, Group Finance Director of BDP, decribes how UKEF helped lay the foundations for their global growth.
Find information on trade associations involved in the mining and construction equipment sectors on the Trade Association Forum.
- Promotional material