UK companies have been selling successfully into global sports projects for many years, and the opportunities to provide products and services across many sectors are growing.
It’s estimated that global operational and infrastructure budgets for one-off sports events will be worth over £220 billion up to 2022.
Each event offers UK businesses opportunities throughout its lifecycle, from the awarding of hosting rights to the event delivery.
Global sports projects require products and services from across most sectors of industry. The market has opportunities for industries as diverse as:
- architecture and construction services
- project management
- professional services
- creativity and design
- strategic communication
- branding and marketing
- catering and corporate hospitality
How DIT can help
We help UK companies:
- exhibit at major international trade fairs
- attend global sports workshops and seminars
- take part in our global sports inward and outward trade missions and events
- become aware of and apply for large business opportunities, via our High Value Opportunities (HVOs) programme
- meet the main global sports decision makers and potential partners
We do this by:
- working with the main industry bodies and stakeholders
- promoting the UK’s capability in the global sports sector overseas
- helping to develop the UK’s supply chain by working with the sector
- making it easier for companies to access overseas markets
- bringing major overseas opportunities to the attention of UK companies
Watch a video on a global sports mission to Japan, in which companies talk about the opportunities global sports projects present and the help they were given by UK Trade & Investment, which has since moved to the Department for International Trade.
Global Sports Trade Mission Seminar 2015
High value opportunities in global sports
DIT’s approach is to focus on projects where the UK has significant expertise, where government-to-government contacts add value, and where the accessible value of business contracts open to UK companies is considerable. It adds to the offerings of UK companies by bringing them together to better demonstrate UK capability.
The main high value opportunities we have identified include:
We’d like to hear from companies in the global sports sector who want to grow their business overseas. Contact us at: email@example.com
Global sports events
Register your interest to attend seminars, trade shows and international missions for companies involved in global sports where you can:
- network with potential overseas customers
- demonstrate technologies and products to an international audience
- meet face to face with DIT advisers