www.great.gov.uk is the government’s single destination for information on UK trade, investment, tourism and education.
Our services are provided in over 100 markets throughout the world. We are passionate about what we do. That’s why we constantly review our services in light of customer feedback and the impact they offer, which means they’ll vary from time to time.
If you have a comment or complaint about our services, please let us know.
Helping businesses sell overseas
www.great.gov.uk has tailored support and advice for businesses on how to start exporting or increase the amount of goods and services they sell overseas.
You can also:
The UK government’s credit agency, UK Export Finance (UKEF) helps companies in the UK to:
Getting local market help to sell overseas
DIT has trade specialists who can help you commission services from local experts overseas. This includes:
- country and sector advice
- local market research
- support during overseas visits
- identification of possible business partners
- preparation for exhibitions and events
Contact a trade adviser in your region who can give you more information.
Find out about your current local market service
If you have an existing Overseas Market Introduction Service (OMIS) account and want to talk about something you have already commissioned, use your account details to sign in.
Helping overseas business locate in the UK
www.great.gov.uk brings together information about investing in the UK. It promotes our country as the natural choice for overseas investment. It includes:
- reasons why an overseas business should invest in the UK
- sector-specific information about the UK economy, including advanced manufacturing, aerospace, automotive, creative industries, energy, financial and professional services, food and drink, life sciences, retail and technology
- a way for overseas businesses to contact DIT staff in their country
Initially the information will be for investors from Brazil, Germany, India, Japan, Spain and the USA. We will be adding more countries and sectors during 2017.
We also provide access to support for UK inward investors who can help companies set up in the UK, usually via our worldwide network of embassies and consulates.
Helping UK businesses expand into overseas markets
Through our network of overseas posts and UK-based trade advisers, DIT can provide support for UK companies wishing to expand into overseas markets, including:
- information on the main forms of overseas investment
- reasons why UK businesses may consider expanding into overseas markets
- information on overseas investment opportunities for your products or services
Connecting overseas buyers with UK businesses
Our find a supplier service allows international buyers to connect with UK businesses. UK buyers looking to be listed on this service can sign up to the find a buyer service.
We link international businesses with the right UK partners and suppliers through meet-the-buyer events, networking receptions, and product launches.