Our customer service commitments and how to make a complaint about the Department for International Trade's service.
We are committed to providing a high quality service.
Occasionally, things don’t go as planned or could have been better. If this happens we’d really like your feedback, as it gives us an opportunity to put things right and helps us to improve our services.
Customer service commitments
We are committed to:
- treating you with respect and decency when you contact us
- providing you with detailed information about our services, via our website and staff
- setting out clearly the standards we’re committed to, and let you know how we’re doing against them
Customer satisfaction rates
We aim to:
- achieve 80% customer satisfaction rates from businesses we work with
- increase customer satisfaction to 90% for businesses that we provide intensive one-on-one support
- resolve 90% of all complaints we receive first time
Making a complaint
Most complaints can be dealt with by the team that delivered the service. All feedback is confidential.
Please contact them with:
- your name, email address, postal address and telephone/mobile number
- a clear description of your feedback or complaint and what you would like us to do to sort things out
- as much detail as possible about relevant names, dates and places
Contact email@example.com or call the enquiry unit +44 (0) 20 7215 5000 if you prefer not to directly contact the team that provided the service, or do not feel your complaint was dealt with properly
What happens next
We will send you an acknowledgement within 3 working days and give you a full reply within 15 working days.
Refer the matter to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman if you’ve gone through our complaints procedure and you’re not satisfied.