Brings together documents and promotional material related to the government’s work to end modern slavery.
The pages below provide details about the government’s work to end modern slavery, including details about how to refer victims into the national referral mechanism (NRM).
You can also access documents related to the Modern Slavery Act.
Historic publications of the Inter-Departmental Ministerial Group (IDMG) on Modern Slavery are also available.
National referral mechanism
The national referral mechanism is used to identify and refer potential victims of modern slavery and make sure they receive appropriate support.
Duty to notify
Specific public authorities have a duty to notify the Secretary of State of any person identified in England and Wales as a suspected victim of slavery or human trafficking.
Transparency in supply chains
Certain commercial organisations must publish an annual statement setting out the steps they take to prevent modern slavery in their business and their supply chains. This is a requirement under Section 54 (Transparency in Supply Chains) of the Modern Slavery Act 2015.
- Home Office modern slavery statement 2020 to 2021
- UK government modern slavery statement progress report
- Modern slavery guidance for personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Add your modern slavery statement to the statement registry
- UK government modern slavery statement
- Trafficking in supply chains: principles for government action
- Publish an annual modern slavery statement
- Slavery and human trafficking in supply chains: guidance for businesses
- Contacts database for guidance on modern slavery reporting
- Stopping modern slavery in business: graphics
- Modern slavery: resources for industry
- Stopping modern slavery in business: video
- Modern slavery and supply chains
Research and publications
- Modern Slavery Fund review
- 2021 UK annual report on modern slavery
- 2020 UK annual report on modern slavery
- 2019 UK annual report on modern slavery
- 2018 UK annual report on modern slavery
- Modern Slavery Innovation Fund: phase 1 end term review
- Modern slavery and public health
- A typology of modern slavery offences in the UK
- 2017 UK annual report on modern slavery
- Modern slavery strategy
On 31 July 2014, the Home Office launched a modern slavery marketing campaign to raise awareness that slavery exists in the UK.
This modern slavery campaign material has been developed in collaboration with partners (such as charities, the police and frontline staff) to support the nationwide campaign to end modern slavery.
Independent child trafficking advocates
Interim statutory guidance for early adopter sites where Independent Child Trafficking Advocates (ICTAs) will be implemented.
Last updated 20 May 2022 + show all updates
Modern Slavery Fund review published.
Added 'Home Office modern slavery statement 2020 to 2021', the 'UK government modern slavery statement progress report', and the '2021 UK annual report on modern slavery'.
E-learning: tackling modern slavery in public sector supply chains guidance added.
New buyers and suppliers of personal protective equipment (PPE) guidance added.
Link to add your modern slavery statement to the registry added.
2020 UK annual report on modern slavery and review of phase 1 of the modern slavery innovation fund published.
UK government Modern Slavery Statement published.
Added statutory guidance on modern slavery: how to identify and support victims to the section "national referral mechanism".
Added principles to guide government action to combat trafficking in global supply chains to collection.
Tools for government, and for businesses supplying government, on supply chains published.
Added 2019 UK annual report on modern slavery.
Added link to recovery needs assessment (RNA): process guidance.
Added Multi-agency assurance panels: process guidance document.
Guidance for First Responders published.
Added a new document called publish an annual modern slavery statement.
Added link to information about how to claim a subsistence rates back payment for potential victims of modern slavery.
2018 UK annual report on modern slavery published.
Added link to information about the contacts database for guidance on modern slavery reporting.
Added link to National Referral Mechanism reform document.
Added 'A typology of modern slavery offences in the UK'.
Added '2017 UK annual report on modern slavery' to collection.
Added 'Help for victims of modern slavery'.
Added new promotional material on domestic slavery
Guidance for ICTAs at early adopter sites published.
Information about how to report modern slavery published.
Duty to notify posters added.