About our services
The Department for International Trade (DIT) helps businesses export and grow into global markets. We also help overseas companies locate and grow in the UK.
www.great.gov.uk is the government’s single destination for information on UK trade, investment, tourism and education.
Our services are provided in over 100 markets throughout the world. We are passionate about what we do. That’s why we constantly review our services in light of customer feedback and the impact they offer, which means they’ll vary from time to time.
Helping businesses sell overseas
www.great.gov.uk has tailored support and advice for businesses on how to start exporting or increase the amount of goods and services they sell overseas.
- read guidance for new, occasional and frequent exporters
- find out about services offered by GREAT partners
- use the selling online overseas tool to find the best marketplaces to showcase your products online - you can take advantage of special deals negotiated by the government for UK businesses and find out more about the government’s e-exporting programme
- apply for overseas export opportunities for your products or services
- sign up to the find a buyer service, which launches fully in early 2017 and will allow you to showcase your products to overseas buyers
You can also:
- search for events, trade fairs, missions and webinars relevant to your sector or overseas markets
- apply for a trade show access grant to attend an overseas event
- read new and improved export guides to selling overseas in France, Germany, China, India and the USA - we will soon be refreshing all of our country guides
- contact a trade adviser in your area
The UK government’s credit agency, UK Export Finance (UKEF) helps companies in the UK to:
- win export contracts by providing attractive financing terms to their buyers
- fulfil orders by supporting working capital loans
- get paid by insuring against buyer default
Helping overseas business locate in the UK
www.great.gov.uk brings together information about investing in the UK. It promotes our country as the natural choice for overseas investment. It includes:
- reasons why an overseas business should invest in the UK
- sector-specific information about the UK economy, starting with automotive, creative industries, energy, financial and professional services, life sciences and technology
- a way for overseas businesses to contact DIT staff in their country
Initially the information will be for investors from China, Germany, India and the USA. We will be adding more countries and sectors during 2017.
Connecting overseas buyers with UK businesses
In early 2017 we will be launching our Find a supplier service for overseas buyers to connect with export-ready UK businesses. UK buyers looking to be listed on this service can sign up to the find a buyer service.
We link overseas businesses with the right UK partners and suppliers through meet-the-buyer events, networking receptions, and product launches.
We also match UK businesses about partnership opportunities through our free matching service.