Rail sector: export help
Companies in the railways sector can get help from the Department for International Trade (DIT) to export overseas.
UK companies have the expertise to provide equipment and services for rail systems worldwide.
Companies in the rail supply chain make a significant contribution to the UK economy accounting for £7 billon turnover and employing 80,000 people. UK based companies have an established supply chain and lots of experience in:
- building bigger and better rail systems
- managing and improving long-established rail networks
- managing the privatisation of a rail industry
DIT help for companies
We help UK rail companies to:
- exhibit at major international trade fairs
- take part in our trade missions
- meet important decision makers and potential partners
- overcome challenges of doing business in overseas markets
We do this by:
- providing grants to attend trade fairs
- running workshops, seminars, inward missions
- making it easier for companies to access overseas markets
- working with the main industry bodies and stakeholders
- promoting the UK’s rail infrastructure sector overseas
- helping to develop the UK’s supply chain by working with the sector
- bringing major overseas opportunities to the attention of UK companies
We’d like to hear from companies that want to grow and do business with overseas railways. Sign up and meet with a trade advisor.
Find out about other DIT services for exporters.
Register for DIT events
Register your interest to attend seminars, trade shows and international missions where you can:
- network with potential overseas customers
- demonstrate technologies and products to an international audience
- meet face to face with DIT advisers
Department for International Trade (DIT) provides free international export sales leads from its worldwide network. Find rail export opportunities.
Our ‘Guide to the UK rail sector’ gives examples of UK rail companies have won contracts overseas.
You may need some form of credit guarantee or insurance to protect you against non-payment or other financial issues in certain markets. UK Export Finance (UKEF) can provide extra capital to finance large projects and help grow businesses.
Consult with a UKEF export finance adviser to find out about trade finance and insurance support.
You can find rail sector trade associations on the Trade Association Forum.