Exporting to the airports sector overseas
The Department for International Trade (DIT) can help UK companies provide products and services to global airports.
UK airport companies work closely with partners around the world and have been involved in some of the world’s largest and most complex airport projects. The supply chain for these projects offers opportunities for companies providing products and services across many sectors.
How DIT can help
We help UK companies:
- exhibit at major international trade fairs
- attend our workshops, seminars
- take part in our inward and outward trade missions
- apply for large export opportunities through our High Value Opportunities (HVOs)
- overcome challenges of doing business in overseas markets
- meet the main decision makers and potential partners
We do this by:
- working with the main industry bodies and stakeholders
- promoting the UK’s capability in the airport sector overseas
- helping to develop the UK’s supply chain by working with the sector
- making it easier for companies to access overseas markets
- bringing major overseas opportunities to the attention of UK companies
If you are interested in exporting your goods contact a DIT trade adviser for a free consultation.
We’d like to hear from companies in the airports sector who want to grow their business overseas. Contact Matt Delve.
Find out about other DIT services for exporters.
Register for DIT events
Register your interest to attend seminars, trade shows and international missions where you can:
- network with potential overseas customers
- demonstrate technologies and products to an international audience
- meet face to face with DIT advisers
DIT provides free international export sales leads from its worldwide network. Search for airports export opportunities.
DIT has identified a number of HVOs for UK companies in the airports sector. These are matched to the capability of UK companies and offer the greatest scale of opportunity.
DIT has identified opportunities in:
There is demand for companies in the supply chain to provide:
- master planning, consultancy, innovative design for airport expansion and development
- construction expertise
- environmental planning services
- infrastructure finance, professional and legal services
- civil engineering
- management and operational expertise
- safety and security
- air traffic management
- specialist equipment supply
Sustainable airports: Benefiting from the UK’s world-class expertise gives examples of how UK companies have provided sustainable solutions to airports around the world.
You may need some form of credit guarantee or insurance to protect you against non-payment or other financial issues in certain markets. UK Export Finance (UKEF) can provide extra capital to finance large projects and help grow businesses.
Consult with a UKEF export finance adviser to find out about trade finance and insurance support.