Fix mistakes on your MOT record

You can get information corrected on your MOT (such as the mileage or vehicle details) if it’s wrong.

Get the wrong mileage corrected

The way you get the mileage corrected depends on when your MOT was.

Your MOT was less than 28 days ago

Ask the MOT centre to check the mileage. They’ll update the record in the MOT database if the mileage is wrong.

Your MOT was more than 28 days ago

Report the mistake to the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) to get it corrected.

You also need to email proof of the mileage, such as a scan or photo of:

  • an invoice for the MOT
  • an emissions printout
  • a service receipt
  • a vehicle job card from the MOT centre

They need to show what the mileage should be, and show the same date as the MOT test.

If your scan or photo includes personal information, for example your payment details, you should blank it out or remove it.

If you do not send the right evidence, DVSA will not fix the mistakes.

DVSA MOT certificate replacements

Once DVSA has updated the mileage, you can check your vehicle’s MOT history and download or print a corrected MOT certificate.

Get vehicle details or the MOT centre corrected

Contact DVSA if your MOT has the wrong:

  • vehicle make or model
  • vehicle colour
  • country where the vehicle was registered
  • MOT test centre

DVSA MOT certificate replacements

Add or remove test records

If there’s an MOT test missing from your vehicle’s MOT history, or a test that does not belong there, email or call DVSA to have it corrected.

You’ll need to give your:

  • name
  • telephone number
  • vehicle number plate
  • vehicle make and model
  • date of the MOT
  • MOT test number (if you know it)
  • MOT test centre name and address

DVSA customer service centre
Telephone: 0300 123 9000
Monday to Friday, 7:30am to 6pm
Find out about call charges