Get a duplicate MOT certificate from any MOT testing station if you have lost or damaged the original.

You’ll need to give the vehicle registration number and either the original MOT test number, or V5C document reference number - this is on the V5C registration certificate.

The maximum fee for a duplicate certificate is either £10 or half the full MOT test fee, whichever is the lowest amount.

The fee is different for heavy goods vehicles and public service vehicles.