6. Television licence discount
You can get 50% off the cost of your TV licence if either:
- you’re registered blind or severely sight impaired
- you live with someone who is registered blind or severely sight impaired
If the person who is registered blind is not the current licence holder for your address, you’ll need to transfer the licence to their name.
You can either:
- transfer the licence online - you’ll need your licence number
- contact TV Licensing to transfer the licence
Telephone: 0300 790 6071
Minicom: 0300 790 6050
Find out about call charges
How to apply
To claim the TV licence concession for blind people, you’ll need to get a certificate from your local authority or ophthalmologist stating that you are registered blind or severely sight impaired.
In Northern Ireland, the certificate or document must be issued by or on behalf of a Health and Social Services Trust. On the Isle of Man, it must be issued by or on behalf of the Department for Health and Social Services.
Post a copy of the certificate along with your licence renewal notice - if you have one - and a cheque or postal order for the licence to:
Blind Concession Group
Remember to include your name, address, phone number and TV licence number, if you have one.