You can make a claim to the employment tribunal online.
If you’re making a claim for whistleblowing, read the guidance before applying.
You may have to pay a fee to make a claim. The amount depends on your type of case and your personal circumstances. The most common types are in the table.
You may be able to get help paying the fee if you’re getting certain benefits or on a low income.
|Type of case||Claim fee||Hearing fee|
|Breach of contract||£160||£230|
|Groups or multiple claimants||See the fees list||See the fees list|
|All other fees||See the fees list||See the fees list|
How to pay
You can pay your fee by:
- debit or credit card if you apply online
- cheque or postal order (made out to ‘HM Courts and Tribunals Service’) if you apply by post
Make a claim by post
You can also download and fill in a claim form and send it to the employment tribunal.
Read the full guidance before you make a claim.
Employment Tribunal Central Office (England and Wales)
PO Box 10218
Employment Tribunal Central Office (Scotland)
PO Box 27105
Use the employment tribunal talk-through service only if you’re unable to use a computer without help.
Before calling make sure you have:
- your Acas early conciliation certificate number or a valid reason why you don’t have one
- details of your claim including the background, dates and people involved
- credit or debit card details
Employment tribunal talk-through service
Telephone: 0300 123 1024
Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5pm
Find out about call charges
This service won’t give you advice on the details of your claim. Contact the number for general enquiries instead.