You can make a claim to the employment tribunal online.
If you’re making a claim for whistleblowing, read the guidance before applying.
The amount you pay depends on the type of case and your personal circumstances.
You don’t pay a fee if both the following apply:
- you’re only claiming for unpaid wages or redundancy pay
- the employer you’re claiming against has gone bankrupt
You may be able to get help paying the fee if you’re getting certain benefits or on a low income.
|Type of case||Claim fee||Hearing fee|
|Breach of contract||£160||£230|
|Groups or multiple claimants||See the fees list||See the fees list|
|All other fees||See the fees list||See the fees list|
How to pay
You can pay your fee by:
- debit or credit card if you apply online
- cheque or postal order (made out to ‘HM Courts and Tribunals Service’) if you apply by post
Make a claim by post
You can also download and fill in a claim form and send it to the employment tribunal.
Read the full guidance before you make a claim.
Employment Tribunal Central Office (England and Wales)
PO Box 10218
Employment Tribunal Central Office (Scotland)
PO Box 27105
Use the employment tribunal talk-through service only if you’re unable to use a computer without help.
Before calling make sure you have:
- your Acas early conciliation certificate number or a valid reason why you don’t have one
- details of your claim including the background, dates and people involved
- credit or debit card details
Employment tribunal talk-through service
Telephone: 0300 123 1024
Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5pm
Find out about call charges
This service won’t give you advice on the details of your claim. Contact the number for general enquiries instead.