Equality and diversity
How HM Courts and Tribunals Service promotes equality of opportunity and eliminates unlawful discrimination.
We demonstrate our commitment to the statutory requirements set out in the Equality Act 2010 through:
- mandatory equality and diversity training for all our staff
- listening and responding to the needs of our diverse user base
- our contribution to the Ministry of Justice equality objectives
We operate a reasonable adjustments policy to give customers with disabilities access to our information and services.
If you are attending a court or tribunal and you want to request a reasonable adjustment, speak to a member of staff where your case is being heard.
A request for a reasonable adjustment at a hearing is referred to a judge.
Calls to and from textphones
Dial the number below, followed by the full phone number for the court or tribunal:
- if you’re using a textphone: 18001
- if you’re using a voice phone: 18002