Get a refund for tribunal fees

You can get a refund if you paid fees at an Employment Tribunal or Employment Appeals Tribunal between 29 July 2013 and 26 July 2017.

How to apply

You can apply online if:

  • you have not changed your name since you made the claim to the tribunal
  • your claim was against one employer
  • you have a UK bank account

Otherwise, you can apply by post or email.

You’ll need to include how much you paid in tribunal fees.

Apply online

Use the service to apply for a refund online.

Apply by email or post

The form you use depends on why you paid the fees.

Use form 1/2-CR if:

  • you made the claim on your own and paid the fees
  • a claim was brought against you and you were ordered to pay someone’s fees, or if you paid any other fees to the tribunal
  • you were the ‘lead claimant’ in a joint (‘multiple’) claim for less than 11 people

Use form 3-S if:

  • you paid the fees for someone else to make the claim
  • you were the ‘lead claimant’ in a joint (‘multiple’) claim for over 10 people

Send your completed form by post or email to HM Courts and Tribunals Service (HMCTS).

HM Courts and Tribunals Service - England and Wales

Employment Tribunal - England and Wales
Customer Contact Centre
PO Box 10218

HM Courts and Tribunals Service - Scotland

Employment Tribunal - Scotland
Customer Contact Centre
PO Box 27105
G2 9JR

Get help applying

Contact HMCTS if you need help applying or have questions about refunds.

HMCTS - England and Wales
Telephone: 0300 123 1024

HMCTS - Welsh language
Telephone: 0300 303 5176

HMCTS - Scotland
Telephone: 0300 790 6234

Find out about call charges.

What happens next

If you’re entitled to a refund it’ll be transferred to your bank account (plus 0.5% interest). You’ll get a letter confirming the amount.