If you lose your case

You can ask the tribunal to reconsider the decision (or ‘judgment’) if you lose your case.

You must write to the tribunal office within 14 days of the written decision being sent to you, saying why you want it to be reconsidered.

You also need to give good reasons, for example:

  • the tribunal made a mistake in the way it reached its decision
  • you were not told about the hearing, or were not at the hearing
  • there’s new evidence

Send your letter to the tribunal office that dealt with your case.

Appeal to the Employment Appeal Tribunal

You can also appeal to the Employment Appeal Tribunal if you think the employment tribunal made a legal mistake.