We’re aware of people receiving fraudulent calls from telephone numbers mimicking genuine court or tribunal numbers. This is a scam.
The callers may request payment and claim to be from HMRC or other government departments.
If you receive a call like this, please don’t make a payment or share any details. You can report the call to Action Fraud and HMRC.
The most common types of case we handle include:
- disputes relating to business, property or land
- disputes over trusts
- competition claims under either European or UK competition law
- commercial disputes (domestic and international)
- intellectual property issues
- disputes over the validity of a will (‘probate disputes’)
We also hear appeals about:
- decisions of masters
- insolvency decisions made by High Court registrars or the County Court
- most decisions of the County Court
- decisions of certain tribunals
We also handle a wide range of other issues which include:
- claims relating to partnerships (eg dissolution)
- cancelling, setting aside or correcting (‘rectifying’) errors in deeds and other legal instruments
- breaches of trust or contract
- professional negligence
We contain a number of specialist courts with their own individual areas of work:
Who we are
We are part of the Business and Property Court of the High Court of Justice.
We are based at the Rolls Building in London and also at district registries across England and Wales. Hearings at the Rolls Building are heard by one of 19 High Court judges while other issues (eg case management, listing and most applications) are handled by one of 6 ‘masters’.
Outside London, hearings are heard by either a chancery judge or circuit judge while the work of masters is handled by district judges.