What we do
We handle petitions to bankrupt individuals living in London where either:
- the debtor has made the petition and has debts of £100,000 or more
- a creditor has made the petition and is owed £50,000 or more
If the petition is beneath this amount and the debtor lives in London then it will be heard by the Central London County Court based at the Thomas More Building in the Royal Courts of Justice. Petitions where the debtor lives outside of London will be heard by a local county court.
Other petitions that we handle include:
- those brought by foreign debtors who have not lived or traded in England and Wales for the last 6 months
- those brought by creditors where the debtor has no fixed abode
- applications by undischarged bankrupts for permission to act as a company director
- applications to set aside statutory demands where the debt is £50,000 or more
Who we are
We are a specialist court within the Chancery Division of the High Court of Justice.
We are based at the Rolls Building in London. Cases at the Rolls Building are heard by one of 5 bankruptcy registrars.
Contact Bankruptcy Court
The Rolls Building
7 Rolls Building
DX160040 Strand 4
Opening hours and facilities:
Listings and hearings
Telephone 020 7947 6731
Filing and records
Telephone 020 7947 6148
Petitions and applications
Telephone 020 7947 6294