You're in the UK and have a BRP
You must report any changes in your circumstances if you’re in the UK and have either:
- got a biometric residence permit (BRP)
- applied for a BRP but have not had a decision yet
How you do this depends on what you’re reporting.
Report a change of address only
You can change your address without having to apply for a new BRP.
You can either:
- report a change of address online
- fill in the change of circumstances form and send it to the address on the form
Report a change to your name or personal details
You must apply for a new BRP straight away if any of these things change:
- name, for example if you’ve got married
- facial appearance
- date of birth, for example if it was wrong
Apply for a replacement BRP online. You’ll need to pay a fee.
You must apply for a new BRP within 3 months. You can be fined up to £1,000 or have your stay shortened if you do not.
Report all other changes
You must report any other changes to the details you gave in your BRP application, including if:
- you get a criminal conviction
- you separate from your partner
- any of your children stop living permanently with you
Fill in the change of circumstances form and send it to the address on the form.