2. You're in the UK and have a visa
You must report any changes if you’re in the UK and have either:
- got a visa
- applied for a visa but haven’t had a decision yet
How you do this depends on what you’re reporting.
Changes to your name or personal details
You must transfer your visa to a biometric residence permit (BRP) if your overall stay in the UK is longer than 6 months and any of these details on your visa document change:
- facial appearance
- date of birth
You’ll need to pay a fee.
You don’t need to report these changes or transfer your visa if your stay in the UK is less than 6 months.
Fill in a change of circumstances form if you’ve applied for a visa but haven’t had a decision.
Report all other changes
Fill in the change of circumstances form to report any other changes of circumstances including:
- your contact details
- your legal representative’s details
- dependent family members’ details
- if you separate from your partner
- if you get a criminal conviction
- if any of your children stop living with you