Report a change of circumstances if you have a visa or BRP

You're in the UK and have a visa

You must report any changes if you’re in the UK and have either:

  • got a visa
  • applied for a visa but haven’t had a decision yet

How you do this depends on what you’re reporting.

Changes to your name or personal details

You must transfer your visa to a biometric residence permit (BRP) if your overall stay in the UK is longer than 6 months and any of these details on your visa document change:

  • name
  • nationality
  • facial appearance
  • date of birth
  • gender

You’ll need to pay a fee.

You don’t need to report these changes or transfer your visa if your stay in the UK is less than 6 months.

Fill in a change of circumstances form if you’ve applied for a visa but haven’t had a decision.

Report all other changes

Fill in the change of circumstances form to report any other changes of circumstances including:

  • your contact details
  • your legal representative’s details
  • dependent family members’ details
  • if you separate from your partner
  • if you get a criminal conviction
  • if any of your children stop living with you

Report a change of address only

You can update your address or your legal representative’s address online.