Complete your annual report
You must write a report each year explaining the decisions you’ve made as a deputy.
You can use the online service to complete your report if you’re a:
- property and financial deputy
- personal welfare deputy
- public authority deputy (contact your case manager to register first)
Or you can download and fill in a paper annual report form. The address you need to send it to is on the form.
You must use a paper annual report form if you’re a professional deputy, such as a solicitor.
What to include
Your report must include:
- the reasons for your decisions and why they were in the best interests of the person you’re deputy for
- who you spoke to and what they said was in the person’s best interests
- the finances of the person you’re deputy for, like their bank statements or spreadsheets
The Office of the Public Guardian (OPG) will tell you when it’s time to send it.
If you don’t send the report OPG might:
- increase your level of supervision
- ask the court to replace you with a different deputy