You must write a report each year explaining the decisions you’ve made as a deputy.
Property and financial deputies
Office of the Public Guardian
PO Box 16185
Personal welfare or professional deputies
If you’re a reporting medical decisions or you’re a solicitor for example, then you must use the annual report forms.
What to include
Your report must include:
- the reasons for your decisions and why they were in the best interests of the person you’re deputy for
- who you spoke to and what they said was in the person’s best interests
- your client’s finances, like their bank statements or spreadsheets
The Office of the Public Guardian (OPG) will tell you when it’s time to send it.
If you don’t send the report OPG might:
- increase your level of supervision
- ask the court to replace you with a different deputy