You must write a report each year explaining the decisions you’ve made as a deputy.
You can also apply by posting the annual report forms to:
Office of the Public Guardian
PO Box 16185
You can’t use this service if you’re a professional deputy, like a solicitor or you work for a local authority - you must use the the annual report forms instead.
What to include
Your report must include:
- the reasons for your decisions and why they were in the best interests of the person you’re deputy for
- who you spoke to and what they said was in the person’s best interests
- your client’s finances, like their bank statements or spreadsheets
The Office of the Public Guardian (OPG) will tell you when it’s time to send it.
If you don’t send the report OPG might:
- increase your level of supervision
- ask the court to replace you with a different deputy