Become a childminder or nanny (England)

Register as a childminder

You must register with Ofsted to look after children in your home .

You will need:

If you or any of the adults who live in your home have lived abroad in the last 5 years, you’ll need certificate of good conduct from the relevant embassy.

How much it costs

It usually costs £35 to register with Ofsted.

Find out about other costs.

How long it takes

It should take you about 30 minutes to fill in the form.

It usually takes up to 12 weeks to process your application.

Register as a childminder