Register as a childminder
You must register with Ofsted to look after children in your home .
You will need:
- a UK criminal record certificate
- criminal record certificates for anyone aged 16 or over in the home
- first aid training for the age group you will look after
- childcare training - speak to your local council
- health declaration booklet
- contact details for 2 references
If you or any of the adults who live in your home have lived abroad in the last 5 years, you’ll need certificate of good conduct from the relevant embassy.
How much it costs
It usually costs £35 to register with Ofsted.
Find out about other costs.
How long it takes
It should take you about 30 minutes to fill in the form.
It usually takes up to 12 weeks to process your application.