How much Access to Work grant you get depends on your circumstances.
Your grant may be capped depending on when it was awarded or last reviewed - whichever is more recent.
Access to Work grants are reviewed once a year.
|Date awarded or last reviewed||Upper limit|
|Between 1 April 2016 and 31 March 2017||£41,400|
|On or after 1 April 2017||£42,100|
Your grant will not be capped if it was awarded before 1 October 2015.
The money can pay for things like:
- adaptations to the equipment you use
- special equipment
- fares to work if you can’t use public transport
- a support worker or job coach to help you in your workplace
- a support service if you have a mental health condition and you’re absent from work or finding it difficult to work
- disability awareness training for your colleagues
- a communicator at a job interview
- the cost of moving your equipment if you change location or job