How much Access to Work grant you get depends on your circumstances.
Your grant may be capped depending on when it was awarded or last reviewed.
Access to Work grants are reviewed once a year.
|Date awarded or last reviewed||Upper limit|
|Before 1 October 2015||No cap|
|Between 1 October 2015 and 31 March 2016||£40,800|
|On or after 1 April 2016||£41,400|
The money can pay for things like:
- adaptations to the equipment you use
- special equipment
- fares to work if you can’t use public transport
- a support worker or job coach to help you in your workplace
- a support service if you have a mental health condition and you’re absent from work or finding it difficult to work
- disability awareness training for your colleagues
- a communicator at a job interview
- the cost of moving your equipment if you change location or job