Apply for an Access to Work grant
Check you’re eligible before you apply.
If you’re a civil servant, your employer will provide support instead of Access to Work. Contact them directly to arrange this.
You can apply for Access to Work online or by phone.
You’ll need to give:
- your contact details
- your workplace address and postcode
- the name of a workplace contact who can confirm you work there (they will not be contacted without your permission)
- the email address or work phone number of your workplace contact
- your Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR) number (if you’re self-employed)
- information about how your condition affects your work and what support you think you need
If you need the form in other formats, such as braille, large print or audio CD, call the Access to Work helpline.
Apply by phone
You can apply by calling the Access to Work helpline. Make sure you have all the necessary details with you when you call.
Access to Work helpline
Telephone: 0800 121 7479
Textphone: 0800 121 7579
Relay UK (if you cannot hear or speak on the phone): 18001 then 0800 121 7479
British Sign Language (BSL) video relay service if you’re on a computer - find out how to use the service on mobile or tablet
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Find out about call charges