4. How to claim

Follow these steps if you think you can get help from Access to Work.

  1. Contact Access to Work.

  2. Print the Access to Work eligibility letter and take it to your employer or to a job interview.

  3. When an adviser contacts you and your employer, tell them about the help and support you need.

Contact Access to Work

When you contact Access to Work you may need:

  • your National Insurance number
  • your workplace address, including your postcode
  • the name, email address and work phone number of a workplace contact, eg your manager
  • your unique tax reference number (if you’re self-employed)
  • the name of your New Enterprise Allowance mentor (if you have one)

Access to Work atwosu.london@dwp.gsi.gov.uk
Telephone: 0345 268 8489
Textphone: 0345 608 8753
Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm
Find out about call charges

British Sign Language (BSL) video relay service

To use this you must:

Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm

Operational Support Unit
Harrow Jobcentre Plus
Mail Handling Site A
WV98 1JE


You can ask for a decision about Access to Work to be reconsidered by a different Access to Work adviser. You can only do this once for each decision. You can’t appeal how much you get.


You can complain if you aren’t happy with how your case has been handled.