The British High Commission in Uganda maintains and develops relations between the UK and Uganda.

We are responsible for the political relationship between the UK and Uganda, and we provide advice and guidance on political and governance issues.

We provide assistance and documentary services to British nationals in Uganda. The UK Department for International Trade Section provides assistance to both British and Ugandan businesses.

Find out more on our UK and Uganda news page. We provide services to British nationals living in and visiting Uganda. You can access UK government services while in Uganda.

Urgent assistance

If you’re in Uganda and you need urgent help (for example, you’ve been attacked, arrested or someone has died), call 0312 312000 or +44 1908 516666. If you’re in the UK and worried about a British national in Uganda, call 020 7008 1500.

Get an emergency travel document

You can apply for an emergency travel document if you’re abroad and your passport has been lost or stolen, damaged or expired, and you can’t get a new or replacement passport in time to travel.

Apply online for an emergency travel document

If the person needing the emergency travel document is under 16, a parent or guardian should apply on their behalf.

If you are due to travel in the next 24 hours, contact us as soon as possible.

If you are travelling in more than 3 weeks, check if you can get a new or replacement passport in time to travel.

If you are not a British citizen or have not had a British passport before

If you’re not sure, check if you’re a British citizen

If you’re not a British citizen but think you may be eligible, contact us to apply for an emergency travel document.

Once you have contacted us, you will be advised to make an appointment to apply for an emergency travel document at the British High Commission Kampala.

Other consular services

Notarial and documentary services

For legal reasons, we’re unable to carry out notarial acts in Commonwealth countries. This includes certifying documents as true copies of originals, administering oaths or taking affidavits. For these or other notarial acts, you should contact a local notary. A standard letter is available to confirm we do not offer these services in Uganda. We offer a limited range of documentary services.

Consular fees

We charge fees for some of our services. See the full list of consular fees in Uganda.

Our people

Peter  West

Peter West

British High Commissioner to Uganda

Contact us

British High Commission Kampala

British High Commission
4 Windsor Loop, P. O. Box 7070

Access and opening times