British Ambassador to Mongolia
The British Embassy in Mongolia maintains and develops relations between the UK and Mongolia.
In 1963 Britain became the first western country to establish diplomatic relations with Mongolia. We actively promote British policies, values and investment opportunities for both British and Mongolian companies in the UK and Mongolia respectively. To achieve this we work closely with the Mongolian government and private contacts from a wide range of sectors, including construction, mining, education and green growth industries.
We report to the British government on political developments in Mongolia and help to arrange high-level meetings between the UK and Mongolia. We also provide consular services and assistance for British citizens, unrepresented Commonwealth citizens and some EU nationals.
British nationals who need emergency assistance outside normal office hours should call + 976-11-458133 where they will be given details on how to contact consular staff at the Global Response Centre. They will be able to offer basic advice on urgent issues.
Get an emergency travel document
If the person needing the emergency travel document is under 16, a parent or guardian should apply on their behalf.
If you are due to travel in the next 24 hours, contact us as soon as possible.
If you are travelling in more than 3 weeks, check if you can get a new or replacement passport in time to travel.
If you are not a British citizen or have not had a British passport before
If you’re not sure, check if you’re a British citizen
If you’re not a British citizen but think you may be eligible, contact us to apply for an emergency travel document.
Once you have contacted us, you will be advised to make an appointment to apply for an emergency travel document at British Embassy Ulaanbaatar.
Other consular services
Notarial and documentary services
The British Embassy can provide a range of notarial and documentary services for British nationals in Mongolia, including:
- administer an oath, affirmation or affidavit
- witness a signature
- make a certified copy of a document
- unite documents
- prepare a document in English or the local language
- legalise a document
See the full list of services we provide.
- the completed oath, affirmation or declaration OR the document you wish to be copied OR the document that you will sign before a witness OR the signature/document to be legalised OR details of the statement of fact you need the embassy/consulate to provide the wording or content and proof it is correct and unambiguous OR the documents to be united
- your valid passport – this is needed as proof of identity
- proof of residency or immigration status in Mongolia
- proof of physical residential address, such as a utility bill or a tenancy contract (if these are in your company’s name, please bring a letter from your company to say where you reside)
Your application will be assessed by consular staff who will contact you within 5 working days of receipt of your application to advise if we are able to provide this service. If we are able to provide this service, you will need to make an appointment with the British Embassy using the link provided. Notarial services delivered by post or courier are not available. Details on how to make an appointment will be provided once your application has been approved. You will need to produce original copies of the supporting documents listed above when you attend your appointment.
We accept payment by cash in the local currency on the day of the appointment. For the cost of all our services please visit our fees page.
British Embassy Ulaanbaatar