We maintain and develop relations between the UK and Israel. The British Embassy in Tel Aviv provides services to British nationals living in and visiting Israel.

We promote Britain’s security, prosperity and well-being, and regional peace, through partnership with Israel. We deal with political, commercial, security and economic questions of interest to the UK and Israel and provide consular assistance to British nationals in Israel.

You can access UK government services while in Israel.

Urgent assistance

If you’re in Israel and you need urgent help (for example, you’ve been attacked, arrested or someone has died), call +972 (0)3 725 1222. If you’re in the UK and worried about a British national in Israel, call 020 7008 1500.

Get an emergency travel document

You can apply for an emergency travel document if you’re abroad and your passport has been lost or stolen, damaged or expired, and you can’t get a new or replacement passport in time to travel.

If you are due to travel in the next 24 hours, contact us as soon as possible.

Apply online for an emergency travel document if you:

  • are over 16 years old and
  • are a British citizen and
  • have previously owned a British passport

Contact us to apply for an emergency travel document if you are:

  • over 16 years old but have not owned a British passport before or
  • not a British citizen or
  • applying for a child under 16 years old

Once you have contacted us, you will be advised to make an appointment to apply for an emergency travel document at British Embassy Tel Aviv.

Our people

Mr David Quarrey

Mr David Quarrey

British Ambassador to Israel

Contact us

British Embassy Tel Aviv, main contact

British Embassy
192 Hayarkon Street
6340502 Tel Aviv

If you are a British national in distress, and need to contact someone urgently whilst the embassy is closed, please call the Embassy switchboard on +972 (0)3 725 1222 and select the emergency option to be transferred to our out of hours team for assistance.

This embassy does not deal with visa matters. For information on whether you need a visa to travel to the United Kingdom and how to apply, please see the UK Visas & Immigration https://www.gov.uk/visas-immigration page.

Complaints procedure: www.gov.uk/government/organisations/foreign-commonwealth-office/about/complaints-procedure

Access and opening times