New registrations fee
You’ll have to pay a fee of £55 if you’re registering and taxing a vehicle for the first time with DVLA.
You can pay by cheque or postal order. You cannot send cash. Damaged or altered cheques will not be accepted.
You do not have to pay for some vehicles, including:
- those first registered and licensed in the disabled exempt taxation class
- historic vehicles previously registered with the old local authorities (late conversions)
- vehicles previously registered in Northern Ireland
- imported vehicles previously registered under the personal export scheme and new means of transport scheme
- visiting forces vehicles
- vehicles registered under the direct export scheme
- vehicles registered for off-road use only
- crown exempt vehicles