New registrations fee
You’ll have to pay a fee of £55 if you’re registering and taxing a vehicle for the first time with DVLA.
You can pay by cheque or postal order. You can’t send cash.
You don’t have to pay for some vehicles, including:
- those first registered and licensed in the disabled exempt taxation class
- historic vehicles previously registered with the old local authorities (late conversions)
- vehicles previously registered in Northern Ireland
- imported vehicles previously registered under the personal export scheme and new means of transport scheme
- visiting forces vehicles
- vehicles registered under the direct export scheme
- vehicles registered for off-road use only
- crown exempt vehicles