Sign up to get free reminders by text message or email when your MOT is due.
When you sign up you’ll get a reminder:
- one month before your car, van or motorcycle MOT is due
- 2 months before your lorry, bus or large trailer MOT is due
You can be fined up to £1,000 for driving a vehicle without a valid MOT.
You cannot use this service if you live in Northern Ireland - you’ll get a reminder by post 7 weeks before your MOT is due.
Before you start
- the vehicle’s number plate (registration number)
- a mobile phone number or email address
Stop getting reminders
You have to unsubscribe to stop getting reminders for a vehicle you’ve:
- transferred to someone else
- scrapped or written-off
- registered as off the road
- following the instructions in the text message
- clicking the unsubscribe link in the email you’ve been sent
You’ll pay the cost of a standard text message to unsubscribe from text reminders.
Help with reminders
Contact the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) to get help with MOT reminders.
DVSA customer service centre
Telephone: 0300 123 9000
Monday to Friday, 7:30am to 6pm
Find out about call charges