Apply by phone or use form V62 to get a replacement V5C vehicle registration certificate (log book).

You can get a replacement if your original V5C certificate has been lost, stolen, damaged, destroyed or you haven’t received the certificate for your new vehicle.

Apply by phone

You can apply by phone if:

  • you were shown as the registered keeper on the original registration certificate
  • your name, address and vehicle details haven’t changed
  • you can pay the £25 fee by debit or credit card

Telephone: 0300 790 6802
Monday to Friday, 8am to 7pm
Saturday, 8am to 2pm
Find out about call charges

Apply by post

Complete form V62 ‘Application for a vehicle registration certificate’ and send it to DVLA with the £25 fee.

There is no fee if you haven’t received the V5C registration certificate for your new vehicle but still have your green V5C/2 section. You’ll need to send this in with the completed V62 form.

SA99 1DD