You have to pay a fee for the Vehicle and Operator Services Agency (VOSA) to inspect your vehicle.
The cost depends on:
- whether you’re using the standard or voluntary version of the scheme
- the type of inspection (basic or normal)
- the category of vehicle
- the class of vehicle
To find out which category and class your vehicle is in, see annexes 1 and 2 of VOSA’s guide to the IVA scheme.
Where to find inspection fees
VOSA’s list of inspection fees includes the fees for:
- Individual Vehicle Approval (IVA)
- Single Vehicle Approval (SVA)
- Motorcycle Single Vehicle Approval (MSVA)
- Certificate of Initial Fitness (COIF)