Individual Vehicle Approval application forms
You need an Individual Vehicle Approval (IVA) application form to apply for an inspection.
Find out how to:
- apply for IVA: cars
- apply for IVA: vans and light goods vehicles
- apply for IVA: buses or coaches
- apply for IVA: lorries and goods vehicles
- apply for IVA: trailers
- prove that a bus or coach does not need a new tilt test
- apply for a vehicle approval test at a non-DVSA site
All passenger vehicles
Download the form for seat belt anchorage compliance.
Amateur built vehicles
If your vehicle is amateur built (for example a kit car), you must send an amateur built declaration along with your IVA application.