You can use your student loan repayment account to:
- check your balance
- make a one-off payment
- set up regular card payments
- set up and amend Direct Debits
- tell the Student Loans Company (SLC) if you’ve changed your contact details
If you got funding from Student Awards Agency Scotland, you may need to call SLC to activate your account before signing in for the first time.
This service is also available in Welsh (Cymraeg).
Before you start
To use this service you’ll need your:
- customer reference number
- secret answer, for example your mother’s maiden name
If you do not know these, you can reset them using the email address you had when you applied for your loan. Contact SLC if you’ve changed your email address.
Make a repayment without signing in to your student loan repayment account
You can make voluntary repayments towards your student loan without signing in to your account. This includes paying by:
- bank transfer
- standing order