If you leave or suspend your studies you must:

  • stop your student finance
  • repay any student finance you are not entitled to

Your student finance includes:

  • Maintenance Loans
  • Tuition Fee Loans
  • grants and bursaries

How much you need to repay and when you need to repay it depends on:

  • what type of student finance you have
  • when in the academic year you leave your course
  • whether you’re planning to return to your course or not

If you suspend because of illness or another serious personal reason, you might still be able to get student finance while you’re away.