Settled status if you're under 21
You can apply for settled or pre-settled status if you’re under 21 and either:
- you’re an EU citizen
- your parent, their spouse or their civil partner is an EU citizen
You can either:
- get someone to apply for you, such as your parent, grandparent or guardian - they will need to apply separately for each child
- apply on your own
If your parent is eligible for settled status
You’ll be eligible for settled status once your parent has settled status, even if:
- you’ve lived in the UK for less than 5 years
- you arrive in the UK after 31 December 2020
If your parent is not eligible for settled status
If you’ve lived in the UK for less than 5 years you’ll be eligible for pre-settled status.
If you’ve lived in the UK for more than 5 years you’ll be eligible for settled status even if your parent is not eligible for settled status.
If your parent is an Irish citizen
Your parent will not need to apply for settled status if they’re an Irish citizen.
However, if you’re not a British or Irish citizen, you’ll either be eligible for:
- the same status your parent could get, based on how long they’ve lived in the UK
- settled status in your own right, if you’ve lived here for more than 5 years