180 services


Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (Defra)

sorted by Most viewed
  • Bringing your pet dog, cat or ferret to the UK

    Taking pets abroad on holiday or to live - pet passports, PETS travel scheme, microchipping, rabies vaccinations, quarantine, travelling with assistance dogs

  • Wild birds: licence to control certain species

    You must apply for an individual licence to control certain wild birds if there's no replacement general licence for the revoked licences GL04, GL05 and GL06.

  • Register or renew as a waste carrier, broker or dealer (England)

    Register or renew registration with the Environment Agency to transport, buy, sell or broker waste.

  • Bringing food, animals or plants into the UK

    Bringing animals, plants or food into the UK - pet passports, plant health certificates, the rules around meat, dairy and fish products

  • Use Cattle Tracing System (CTS) Online

    Register with BCMS's online service to register cattle births and report cattle deaths and cattle movements online

  • Hunting and shooting wildlife

    Open and closed season for hunting, what you can use and the wildlife you can hunt

  • Controlling your dog in public

    You can be fined if your dog is out of control in public - find out about Dog Control Orders, banned dogs, dog fouling and reporting a dangerous dog

  • Report a pest problem

    Contact your council to find out if they provide pest control services to remove pests like wasps, rats, mice and bedbugs

  • Smoke control areas: the rules

    In smoke control areas you can only use certain types of fuel or exempt appliances - find out if you live in one and what you can burn

  • Classify different types of waste

    How to classify and describe your business waste so you can know how to manage and dispose of it - what you need to do, List of Waste (LoW) codes, technical guidance

  • Get your dog microchipped

    How to get your dog fitted with a microchip: when to get it done, who can do it, how to update your details, what to do when buying a dog

  • Pest control on your property

    Find out how you can control pests on your property - help from professionals, methods you can and can't use, protecting wildlife, getting a wildlife licence

  • Report fly-tipping or illegal waste dumping

    Fly-tipping is the illegal dumping of waste or rubbish - report it to the local council or to Crimestoppers

  • Dog breeding licence (England, Scotland and Wales)

    You may need a licence to breed dogs from your local council

  • Report a stray dog

    If you find a stray dog and can't contact the owner, you must report it to the council

  • Rights of way and accessing land

    Rights of way and right to roam - access rights of way, open access and permissive access land, use common lands, the Countryside Code, report problems

  • Animal health certificate: pet travel from non-EU countries

    Use for your pet dog, cat, ferret or assistance dog that will enter the UK from a listed or unlisted country without a valid pet passport.

  • Caring for pets

    Information on the legal responsibilities of people who own or care for domestic pets

  • Planning permission for farms

    When you need planning permission, where to apply, what counts as permitted development and how to appeal a planning permission decision

  • Bring your pet to the UK: step by step

    Bring your pet to the UK - microchipping, pet passports, vaccinations