Restore your dissolved company

You can only apply to Companies House to get your company restored (known as ‘administrative restoration’) if:

  • you were a director or shareholder

  • it was struck off the register and dissolved by the Registrar of Companies within the last 6 years

  • it was trading at the time it was dissolved

Otherwise you’ll have to get a court order to get the company restored.

Apply for administrative restoration

Send Companies House:

Companies House
Crown Way
CF14 3UZ

Call Companies House if you need advice about your application.

Companies House
Telephone: 0303 1234 500
Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 6pm
Find out about call charges

What happens next

If your application has been successful, your company will be restored as soon as the registrar sends you a confirmation letter.

If your application is refused, you might be able to: