Filing accounts and tax returns
You file your accounts with Companies House and your Company Tax Return with HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC).
You may be able to file them together if you have a private limited company that doesn’t need an auditor.
|What you want to do||How you can do it|
|File accounts and tax return together||Use HMRC’s online service or accounting software|
|File accounts with Companies House separately||Send your accounts to Companies House online|
|File tax return with HMRC separately||Use HMRC’s online service or accounting software|
You’ll need your:
- HMRC online account details
- company registration number
- Companies House online account details
Corrections and amendments
Check what you must do to correct or amend your:
Using accountants or tax advisers to file for you
- give your accountant or tax adviser your Companies House authentication code so they can file your accounts
- appoint an agent to file your Company Tax Return