You file your accounts with Companies House and your Company Tax Return with HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC).
You may be able to file them together if you have a private limited company that doesn’t need an auditor.
|What you want to do||How you can do it|
|File accounts and tax return together||Use HMRC’s online service or accounting software|
|File accounts with Companies House separately||Send your accounts to Companies House online|
|File tax return with HMRC separately||Use HMRC’s online service or accounting software|
You’ll need your:
- HMRC online account details
- company registration number
- Companies House online account details
Corrections and amendments
Check what you must do to correct or amend your:
Using accountants or tax advisers to file for you
- give your accountant or tax adviser your Companies House authentication code so they can file your accounts
- appoint an agent to file your Company Tax Return