If your home is repossessed

Help from your council

Your local council must give you advice to help you find a new home.

Depending on your circumstances, they may also be able to provide you with emergency accommodation or a more permanent home.

Buying another property

You must tell any new mortgage lender that your previous home was repossessed. This could make getting a new mortgage hard.

Your previous lender may be able to claim some of the proceeds of your new home if you still owe them money when you sell it.