Apply for this licence
Start now on the Animal Health website
You must register with Animal Health Veterinary Laboratories Agency to run a laying hen establishment with over 350 hens for eggs that are being supplied to the Class A egg market in England and Wales.
Your application must include:
- the name and address of the establishment
- farming method(s) used - eg caged, barn, free range or organic
- maximum capacities for each farming method used, including the maximum number of laying hens present at one time for each method
- the name and address of the keeper and owner if different
- the registration number of any other establishment kept or owned by the keeper and owner, if applicable
- let authorised officers access to your premises.
- provide information or assistance needed by them
- not provide false information
You must notify Animal Health Veterinary Laboratories Agency with 28 days of any changes to the information detailed in your registration.
Fines and penalities
You could be fined up to £2,500 and/or imprisoned for up to 3 months if you don’t register your establishment.