You can make a lasting power of attorney (LPA) online or using paper forms.
Either way, you need to get other people to sign the forms, including the attorneys and witnesses.
You can get someone else to use the online service or fill in the paper forms for you, for example a family member, friend or solicitor.
You must also register your LPA or your attorney won’t be able to make decisions for you.
Make an LPA online
Create an account to start your LPA.
- get help and guidance at each step
- save your forms and complete them later
- review your answers and fix any mistakes
You need to print out the forms and sign them when you’ve finished.
Log in to your account
Sign in to continue making your LPA.
Use the paper forms
Download the forms and print them out.
Ask the Office of the Public Guardian about help you can get if you:
- don’t have a computer or internet access
- want to use the online service but need some help