Pay HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) for:

  • Self Assessment
  • employers’ PAYE and National Insurance
  • VAT
  • Corporation Tax
  • Stamp Duty Land Tax
  • Income Tax (because you previously under-paid)
  • miscellaneous payments (if your payment reference begins with ‘X’)

There’s a fee if you pay by credit card.

Start now

What you need to know

Online services may be slow during busy times. Check if there are any current problems or times they won’t be available.

You won’t be able to pay with a personal credit card from 13 January 2018.

Making more than one card payment

HMRC limits the number of times you can use a credit or debit card within a certain time to pay your tax.

There isn’t a set limit - it depends on HMRC’s view of what’s reasonable based on payment card industry standards and guidance.

The rules apply to multiple card payments against the same tax - you can only make extra card payments if each one’s for a different tax, for example Corporation Tax and employers’ PAYE.

If you’re unable to pay your bill in full by card, you should use another payment method like a bank transfer.