Use this service to pay:
- a fine for not taxing your vehicle or declaring that it’s off the road (a SORN)
- the tax you owe for when you didn’t tax your vehicle
Your DVLA penalty letter will tell you how much you have to pay and when you must pay it by.
If you don’t pay your fine on time your vehicle could be clamped or crushed, or your details passed to a debt collection agency.
You must make sure you’ve taxed the vehicle, made a SORN or told DVLA you no longer have the vehicle after you’ve paid the fine.
This page is also available in Welsh (Cymraeg).
- the vehicle’s registration number
- the penalty letter you received from DVLA
- a debit or credit card to pay the fine
Pay by phone
Telephone: 0300 790 6808
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Find out about call charges
Pay by post
Send a cheque or postal order payable to DVLA. Write the registration number of the vehicle on the back of it.
DVLA Enforcement Centre
D12 Longview Road