Extend your visa
You can apply to extend your stay for as long as you and your child continue to meet the eligibility requirements.
You must apply while you’re still in the UK and at least 4 weeks before your original visa expires.
How long you can stay
You can apply to extend your stay for 12 months at a time.
How to extend your visa
- download the form and guidance and apply by post - the address is on the form
- download the form and apply in person at a premium service centre
- £1,033 if you apply to extend your visa by post
- £1,643 if you apply in person
How long it takes
A decision will be made:
- within 8 weeks for online applications
- usually on the same day if you use the premium service
You’ll be contacted if your application is complex and will take longer, eg:
- if your supporting documents need to be verified
- if you need to attend an interview
- because of your personal circumstances, eg you have a criminal conviction
Once you’ve applied you can stay in the UK until you’ve been given a decision, as long as you applied before your last visa expired.