Find out what you can get and if your business is eligible
How much you can get
Businesses that are based in or have significant activity in the North of England are eligible.
Northern Powerhouse Investment Fund (NPIF) is a collaboration between the government-owned British Business Bank and 10 Local Enterprise Partnerships (LEPs) in the North West, Yorkshire, the Humber and Tees Valley and provides commercially focussed finance to help SMEs start-up and grow.
It combines £400 million of UK government, European Regional Development Fund and European Investment Bank funding to help businesses in the region to scale-up and become a successful part of the government’s Northern Powerhouse vision.
It offer 3 different funding options designed to plug gaps in the provision of commercially available finance, ranging from £25,000 loans to £2 million equity investments.
The 3 funding options are: small business loans, debt finance and equity finance.
Small business loans
- £25,000 to £100,000 available
- for new or growing businesses to support working capital needs
- business loans
- £100,000 to £750,000 available
- for early stage or more established businesses that can demonstrate growth potential
- early stage and later stage equity funding
- £50,000 to £2 million available
- for start-ups or more established businesses with high growth potential