Help for specific problems

Extra help is available from the European Social Fund, as well as your local Jobcentre Plus.

Families with multiple problems

Families who need extra help may be able to get support from the European Social Fund. You may be able to apply if you have several problems that have stopped you finding work, including:

  • nobody working or a history of unemployment in the family
  • problems with drugs or alcohol
  • parenting or financial management skills
  • antisocial behaviour
  • health conditions

Contact your local provider for more information.

Help with drug and alcohol problems

You may be able to get extra support if you have drug or alcohol problems that are stopping you working.

Your Jobcentre Plus work coach can tell you about the help available from specialist drugs or alcohol treatment professionals in your area, and refer you to their services if you want.

This help is available to anyone getting benefits.