You must tell Companies House if you change your company’s:
- directors and company secretaries, including changes to their details
- type, eg becoming a public limited company or unlimited company
- share, eg issuing new shares or changing your share structure
- constitution and articles of association - how your company is run
- mortgages and loan guarantees (sometimes called ‘charges’), eg if the company takes out a secured loan
You may need your company’s agreement before you can make some changes.
You may also need to tell HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) about company changes.
When to tell Companies House
You must tell Companies House within 14 days if you make changes to:
- where you keep your company records
- your directors, or their personal details change, eg their address
- company secretaries
You must tell Companies House within 15 days if you make changes to your constitution or articles of association.
You must tell Companies House within a month if you issue more shares in your company.
You must tell Companies House all other changes within 21 days.
How to tell Companies House
You can either: